Library Press Release 3/20/2017
Library Closings: Good Friday, April 14
Visit our interactive card catalog at www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke to ask out about our services, search for a book, and keep up with library events. Or find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
News and Special Events
- Green Bag Lunch Gardening Program on the third Thursday of the month!
Thursday, April 20: “Propagate Your Plants” with Master Gardener and Cherokee Rose Garden Member Dr. John Holbrook.
Bring a lunch; we’ve got the drinks and dessert!
Thursday, May 18:
“Drip Irrigation” with Extension Agent Eric Schavey
- Something new to help you get going! Now you can get expert help with car repairs and estimates using the library’s link to ChiltonLibrary, a database provided by the trusted publisher of the Chilton car repair manuals. Visit the “Links” tab on our interactive catalog at tinyurl.com/mKofyke to find help for your ailing auto! (You can even access it on your Smartphone.)
The library also offers the Ancestry.com Library Edition database for your family history search.
- Technology for the New Year: New courses will be forming throughout the year for our technology series, funded by the Tillotson-Menlo Charitable Foundation. Full courses in Beginners Follow-up, Email, and Computer Refresher will be offered, plus two-hour workshops on Computer Troubleshooting and Facebook. Call or visit the library to add your name to the waiting lists. Call 256-927-5838 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trace your family tree with the library’s Genealogy Classes, taught by Louise Wright. Six-week Monday sessions are held throughout the year. Call for information.
- Preschool Storytime Programs
Storytime is the preschool place to be on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30 A.M. Our general guidelines are Tuesdays: Ages 3-5; Thursdays:Babies – younger 3-year-olds. All ages are welcome at all programs; we try to adjust for them! Songs, rhymes, crafts, coloring, and of course, stories!
- Drawing Class led by Kathy Pratt and Sandy Aycock
Thursdays from 3:30 P.M. to 4:30 P.M. Bring 2 #2 pencils and an 8 X 10 sketchbook. Call or visit for more information. Watercolor classes are led by Elaine Henry Dawson several times a year; call for information.
- The Sew Joyful Quilters meet regularly on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
- Reading Around Book Club meets the first Tuesday of the month from 2:00-3:00 P.M.
- Fine Free Week: The first 7 days of every month are fine-free for books returned in good condition!
- Summer Reading is just around the corner. “Build a Better World” starts Friday, June 3 at 10:00 with musical guest Mark Seymour!