Library Press Release 4/10/2017
Library Closings: Good Friday, April 14, Memorial Day, Monday, May 29
Visit our interactive card catalog at www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke to ask out about our services, search for a book, and keep up with library events. Or find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
News and Special Events
- Green Bag Lunch Gardening Program on the third Thursday of the month!
Thursday, April 20: “Propagate Your Plants” with Master Gardener and Cherokee Rose Garden Member Dr. John Holbrook.
12:00-1:00 Bring a lunch; we’ve got the drinks and dessert!
Thursday, May 18:
“Drip Irrigation” with Extension Agent Eric Schavey
- Car on the fritz? Now you can get expert help with car repairs and estimates using the library’s link to ChiltonLibrary, a database provided by the trusted publisher of the Chilton car repair manuals. Visit the “Links” tab on our interactive catalog at tinyurl.com/mKofyke and choose ChiltonLibrary to find help for your ailing auto! (You can even access it on your Smartphone.) The library catalog also features links for downloadable ebooks and audiobooks.
At the library itself, use Ancestry.com Library Edition database
- Technology for the New Year: New courses will be forming throughout the year for our technology series, funded by the Tillotson-Menlo Charitable Foundation. Our Basic Beginners Computer class has a long waiting list, so be sure to sign up if you’re interested and we’ll contact you as space and funding are available. Full courses in Beginners Follow-up, Advanced Email, and Computer Refresher will be offered, plus two-hour workshops on Computer Troubleshooting and Facebook. Call or visit the library to add your name to these waiting lists. Call 256-927-5838 or email email@example.com.
- Trace your family tree with the library’s Genealogy Classes, taught by Louise Wright. Six-week Monday sessions are held throughout the year. Call for information.
- Preschool Storytime Programs
Summer Storytime starts June 6, Tuesdays at 9:30 through June. Preschool—Early Elementary age.
- Drawing Class led by Kathy Pratt and Sandy Aycock
Thursdays from 3:30 P.M. to 4:30 P.M. Bring 2 #2 pencils and an 8 X 10 sketchbook. Call or visit for more information. Watercolor classes are led by Elaine Henry Dawson several times a year; call for information.
- The Sew Joyful Quilters meet regularly on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
- Reading Around Book Club meets the first Tuesday of the month from 2:00-3:00 P.M.
- Fine Free Week: The first 7 days of every month are fine-free for books returned in good condition!
- Summer Reading is just around the corner. “Build a Better World” starts Friday, June 3 at 10:00 with musical guest Mark Seymour! Read to earn prizes and attend Friday programs to enter a weekly door prize drawing.