Library Press Release 5/8/2017
Library Closings: Memorial Day, Monday, May 29; Independence Day,
Tuesday, July 4.
The first 7 days of each month are fine-free for books returned in good condition!
Visit our interactive card catalog at www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke to ask out about our services, search for a book, and keep up with library events. Or find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
News and Special Events
- Green Bag Lunch Gardening Program on the third Thursday of the month!
Thursday, May 18: “Drip Irrigation” with Eric Schavey of the Cherokee County Cooperative Extension 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Bring a lunch; we’ve got the drinks and dessert!
Thursday, June 15: “Raised Bed Planting” with DeKalb County Master Gardeners President Mike Keracher.
- Summer Reading “Build a Better World” starts Friday, June 3. Read to earn prizes; attend Friday programs to enter a weekly door prize drawing.
Friday, June 2: Kick off the fun with musical guest Mark Seymour! 10:00
Friday, June 9: “A Better World for Bees” features David Kelton and many bee friends. 10:00
- Preschool Storytime Programs
Summer Storytime starts June 6, Tuesdays at 9:30 through June. Preschool—Early Elementary age
- Book Signing: Sand Rock’s own John Pate will sign copies of Tears of Gaduhav, his book about the fate of Civil War gold. Friday, June 23 from 2:00-5:00.
- Car trouble? Get expert help with car repairs and estimates (on your computer or Smartphone) using the library’s link to ChiltonLibrary, by the publisher of the Chilton car repair manuals. Choose the “Links” tab on our catalog at tinyurl.com/mKofyke; click on ChiltonLibrary.
- Computer Courses, funded by the Tillotson-Menlo Charitable Foundation.
Basic Beginners Computer class has a long waiting list; sign up to be contacted as space becomes available.
Other Full Courses: Beginners Follow-up, Advanced Email, and Computer Refresher
Two Hour Workshops: Computer Troubleshooting and Facebook.
To get on these lists, call, visit the library, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Six-week Monday Genealogy Classes, led by Louise Wright, begin in September. Call for information. Meanwhile, use com Library Edition to check out your roots here at the library!
- June and July Summer Drawing Class for ages 8-12 begins on Monday, June 12, 1:30—3:30. Class size is limited; sign up required.
- The Sew Joyful Quilters meet regularly on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
- Reading Around Book Club meets the first Tuesday of the month
- from 2:00-3:00 P.M.