Library Press Release 5/15/2017
Library Closings: Memorial Day, Monday, May 29; Independence Day,
Tuesday, July 4.
The first 7 days of each month are fine-free for books returned in good condition!
Visit our interactive card catalog at www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke to ask out about our services, search for a book, and keep up with library events. Or find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
News and Special Events
- Green Bag Lunch Gardening Program on the third Thursday of the month!
Thursday, May 18: “Drip Irrigation” with Eric Schavey of the Cherokee County Cooperative Extension 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Bring a lunch; we’ve got the drinks and dessert!
Thursday, June 15: “Raised Bed Planting” with DeKalb County Master Gardeners President Mike Keracher.
- Summer Reading “Build a Better World” for Preschool-Age 12 starts Friday, June 2. Read to earn prizes; attend Friday programs to enter a weekly door prize drawing. We have a Teen Summer Reading program, too; sign up starts Friday, June 2.
Friday, June 2: Kick off the fun with musical guest Mark Seymour! 10:00
Friday, June 9: “A Better World for Bees” features David Kelton and many bee friends. 10:00
- Preschool Storytime Programs
Summer Storytime starts June 6, Tuesdays at 9:30 through June. Preschool—Early Elementary age
- Book Signing: Sand Rock’s own John Pate will sign copies of Tears of Gaduhav, his book about the fate of Civil War gold. Friday, June 23 from 2:00-5:00.
- Car trouble? Get expert help with car repairs and estimates with our link to Follow this path: www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke; choose the “Links” tab; click on ChiltonLibrary.
- Computer Courses, funded by the Tillotson-Menlo Charitable Foundation.
Basic Beginners Computer class has a long waiting list; sign up to be contacted as space becomes available.
Other Full Courses: Beginners Follow-up, Advanced Email, and Computer Refresher
Two Hour Workshops: Computer Troubleshooting and Facebook.
To get on these lists, call, visit the library, or email us at email@example.com.
- Six-week Monday Genealogy Classes, led by Louise Wright, begin in September. Call for information. Meanwhile, visit the library to check out your roots on com Library Edition.
- June and July Summer Drawing Class for ages 8-12 begins on Monday, June 12, 1:30—3:30. Class size is limited; sign up required.
- The Sew Joyful Quilters meet regularly on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
- Reading Around Book Club meets the first Tuesday of the month from 2:00-3:00 P.M.