Library Press Release 7/24/2017
Library Closings: Monday, September 4 for Labor Day.
The first 7 days of each month are fine-free for books returned in good condition!
Visit www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke to find about our services, search for a book, and keep up with library events. Or find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
News and Special Events
- Need to brush up on your tech skills? Our Beginner’s Follow-up (Level 2) starts August 14. If you have some very basic computer knowledge and want to learn more, this class is for you. Sign up is required for this 2-week, 8 class course! Sign up in person or call the library at 256-927-5838 or email us at
Other Computer Courses, funded by a grant from the Tillotson-Menlo Charitable Foundation:
Basic Beginners Computer class has a long waiting list; sign up to be contacted as space becomes available.
Full Courses: Beginners Follow-up, Email Toolkit (starts Sept. 12); and Computer Refresher (starts Aug 31.)
Two Hour Workshops: Facebook (August 15) and Computer Troubleshooting (August 22.)
For schedule information and to sign up, call, visit the library, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our third annual Snapshot Day, a Day in the Life of Public Libraries, is just around the corner. Drop in for an open house anytime on August 17, 2017. Stay for the Green Bag lunch from 12:00-1:00, appear in a snapshot if you like, fill out a comment card, and see what happens in a day in the life of your Cherokee County Public Library!
- Green Bag Lunch Gardening Program on the third Thursday of the month!
Our monthly gardening series continues, 12:00—1:00 p.m.
Thursday, August 17: “Drought Resistant Plants” with Jason Powell of Petals from the Past
Thursday, September 21: “Know Your Native Plants” with Master Gardener Judith Rives
- AARP’s Smart Driver Course will be held at the library on August 25 from 9:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. Participants are eligible for discounts from most insurance companies after completing the course for a certificate. Cost is $15.00 for AARP members and $20.00 for non-members; however, those who wish can audit the course at no charge. Please sign up by phone or at the library. For more information, visit aarp.org/drive.
- Fall Storytime begins September 12! Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30 a.m. Stories, songs, and fun!
- Car trouble? Get expert help with car repairs and estimates with our link to Follow this path: www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke; choose the “Links” tab; click on Chilton Library.
- The library’s Genealogy Room features a large and unique collection of local and family history, plus free access to com Library Edition. Visit soon!
- The Sew Joyful Quilters meet regularly on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
- Reading Around Book Club meets the first Tuesday of the month from 2:00-3:00 P.M.