Library Press Release 7/31/2017
Library Closings: Monday, September 4 for Labor Day.
The first 7 days of each month are fine-free for books returned in good condition!
Visit www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke to find about our services, search for a book, and keep up with library events. Or find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
News and Special Events
- Our third annual Snapshot Day is coming up! Drop by the library and take a tour, fill out a comment card, star in a snapshot, enjoy light refreshments, and see what your library is up to in a day. We look forward to seeing you Thursday, August 17th, all day long! (Our Green Bag Gardening Lunch takes place from 12-1; a good time to visit.)
- Need to brush up on your tech skills? Our Beginner’s Follow-up (Level 2) starts August 14. Sign up is required for this 2-week, 8 class course! Call the library at 256-927-5838 or email us at email@example.com.
Other Computer Courses, funded by a grant from the Tillotson-Menlo Charitable Foundation:
Basic Beginners Computer class has a long waiting list; sign up to be contacted as space becomes available.
Full Courses: Beginners Follow-up, (starts August 14); Email Toolkit (starts Sept. 12); and Computer Refresher (starts Aug 31.)
Two Hour Workshops: Facebook (August 15) and Computer Troubleshooting (August 22.) 2:00-4:00 p.m.
For schedule information and to sign up, call, visit the library, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Green Bag Lunch Gardening Program on the third Thursday of the month!
Thursday, August 17: “Drought Resistant Plants” with Jason Powell of “Petals from the Past” 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Bring a lunch; we’ve got the drinks and dessert!
Thursday, September 14: “Know Your Native Plants” with Master Gardener Judith Rives, 12:00-1:00.
- AARP’s Smart Driver Course will be held at the library on August 25 from 9:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. Participants are eligible for discounts from most insurance companies after completing the course for a certificate. Cost is $15.00 for AARP members and $20.00 for non-members; however, those who wish can audit the course at no charge. Please sign up by phone or at the library. For more information, visit aarp.org/drive.
- Fall Storytime begins September 12! Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30 a.m. Stories, songs, art, and fun!
- Car trouble? Get expert help with car repairs and estimates with our link to Follow this path: www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke; choose the “Links” tab; click on ChiltonLibrary.
- The library’s Genealogy Room features a large and unique collection of local and family history, plus free access to com Library Edition. Visit soon!
- The Sew Joyful Quilters meet regularly on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
- Reading Around Book Club meets the first Tuesday of the month from 2:00-3:00 P.M.