Library Press Release 9/5/2017 Library Closings: Monday, October 9: Columbus Day.
The first 7 days of each month are fine-free for books returned in good condition!
Visit www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke for library news. Find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
News and Special Events
- Annual Quilt Show showcases the artistry of our own Sew Joyful Quilters and features colorful, beautiful quilts, old and new.
Thursday, September 7 from 10:30 a.m. —1:00 p.m
- Need to brush up on your tech skills?
Computer Courses, funded by a grant from the Tillotson-Menlo Charitable Foundation: Beginners, Beginners Follow-Up, Computer Refresher, Computer Troubleshooting, Email Toolkit, SmartPhone, and Tablet courses are planned.
For schedule info or to get on our waiting lists, call 256-927-5838 or email us at email@example.com.
- Rock Your Roots with a Genealogy Course beginning Monday, September 11; 9:00-11:00
Rebecca Homan will be your guide through this expedition into your own history.
Sign up to let our instructor plan; call 256-927-5838.
- Art Class for all ages Thursdays at 3:30 p.m., beginning Thursday, September 7.
- Fall Storytime returns on September 12! Tuesdays & Thursdays at 9:30m. Stories, songs, crafts and fun!
- Green Bag Lunch Gardening Program on the third Thursday of the month!
Thursday, September 21: “Know Your Native Plants” with Master Gardener Judith Rives
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Bring a lunch; we’ve got the drinks and dessert!
Thursday, Oct. 19: Eleanor Craig, aka “The Fern Lady”
Thursday, Nov. 16: The Georgia-Alabama Land Trust’s Renee Raney on “Feeding Birds and Animals in Winter”
Regular Programs and Services
- The Sew Joyful Quilters meet regularly on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
- Reading Around Book Club meets the first Tuesday of the month from 12:00-1:00 P.M.
- Car trouble? Get expert help with car repairs and estimates with our link to Follow this path: www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke; choose the “Links” tab; click on Chilton Library.
- The library’s Genealogy Room features a large and unique collection of local and family history, plus free access to com Library Edition. Visit soon!