Library Press Release 4/24/2018
Library Holidays: Monday, May 28, Memorial Day; Monday, May 29, Memorial Day
The first 7 days of each month are fine-free for books returned in good condition!
Visit www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke for library news. Find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
News and Special Events
- Chair Yoga: No time to exercise? Join Linda Abernathy for a 15-minute stretch session! Easy, relaxing, fun and free! Call (256-927-5838), email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit us to sign up.
2nd and 3rd Fridays each month 11:45 a.m.—12:00 p.m.
Fridays May 11 & 18 …and beyond
- Genealogy Class: begins a new six-week course on
Monday, April 16, meeting from 9:00 am to 11:00 am. Contact us by phone 256-927-5838 or email email@example.com, or visit the library to sign up or for more information.
- Green Bag Gardening Lunch Program Third Thursday of the month through November
12:00 P.M. Thursday, May 17: Sensational Succulents with Janice Knight
12:00 P.M. Thursday, June21: Miniature Gardens with Linda McDaniel. (One lucky gardener attending will take a mini-garden home!)
Just bring a lunch; We’ll do drinks and dessert!
- Summer Reading is almost here! Read books to earn prizes and come to special Friday programs. “Libraries Rock” beginning Friday, June 1
- Coming up in August: AARP’s Safe Driving Course, Friday, August 24 from 9.00—3:30. Brush up on the rules of the road and possibly qualify for a special discount on your car insurance (check with your agent) Fees are 15.00 for members, 20.00 for non-members; the class can be audited for free. Sign up required.
- Summer Scribbles Drawing Class for ages 10—up. 6 weeks of art fun starts Thursday, June 21 at 3:30 pm! Class size is limited; sign up soon.
- Preschool Storytime Tuesday and Thursday at 9:30 A.M. Crafts, songs, rhymes, coloring, and of course, stories! The spring session ends on April 26. Regular programs will resume in September.
Regular Programs and Services
- The Sew Joyful Quilters meet at the library on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
- Reading around Book Club meets the first Tuesday of the month from 12:00-1:00 P.M.
- Car trouble? Here’s the path to a solution: tinyurl.com/mKofyke; Choose the “Links” tab; click on ChiltonLibrary.
- Browse our Genealogy Room for free access to com Library Edition and many print resources.