Library Holidays: Monday, Sept. 3, Labor Day Fine Free week: 1st 7 Days of each month.
Visit www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke for library news. Find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
News and Special Events
- Last Chance to view Sweet Home: Alabama’s History in Maps Exhibit is in the conference room during library hours until July 19. Come and take a look! (Sweet Home: Alabama’s History in Maps was created and is provided free-of-charge by the Southern History Department of the Birmingham Public Library. Support for exhibit setup provided by the Alabama Bicentennial Commission.)
- Chair Yoga: No time to exercise? Join Linda Abernathy for a 15-minute stretch session! Easy, relaxing, fun and free! Call (256-927-5838), email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit us to sign up.
2nd and 3rd Fridays each month 11:45 a.m.—12:00 p.m. July 13 and 20 …and beyond
- “Libraries Rock” is rockin’ the library on Fridays!! Read to win prizes and meet our special guests!
July 20 at 10.00: Summer Reading Finale: Sock Hop party for those who turned their folders in by the July 13 deadline with 25 books read.
- Sew Busy: Intro to Quilting Ages 10-14. Don’t know a needle from a pin? Sew what! Learn what it takes to make a fun quilting project in this class led by our own Sew Joyful Quilters. Space is limited.
Call 256-927-5838 or visit the the library to sign up.
Thursdays July 12, 19, and 26, 10:00 a.m..—12:00 p.m.
- Green Bag Gardening Lunch Program Third Thursday of the month through November
12:00 PM. Thursday, July 19 Bring Color into the Garden 12 Months of the Year with The Annison Star’s “Southern Gardner”, Sherry Blanton
12:00 PM. Thursday, August 16 Master Gardener Judith Rives on “Cooking with Herbs”
- Coming up in August: AARP’s Safe Driving Course, Friday, August 24 from 9.00—3:30. Brush up on the rules of the road and possibly qualify for a special discount on your car insurance (check with your agent) Fees: Members $15.00, Non-members $20.00; the class can be audited for free. Sign up required.
- Genealogy Class: begins Tuesday, September 4. Tuesdays from 1—3 PM. Sign up requested.
- Preschool Storytime resumes on September 11. Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30.
The Sew Joyful Quilters meet at the library on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
Reading Around Book Club meets on the first Tuesday of the month.