Library Holidays: Monday, November 12, Veterans Day; Thursday, November 22 and Friday, November 23, Thanksgiving. Fine Free week: 1st 7 Days of each month.
Visit www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke for library news. Find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
News and Special Events
- Green Bag Gardening Lunch Program Third Thursday of the month through November
12:00 PM Thursday, October 18 Billy McDaniel on “Wildflowers”
12:00 P.M. Thursday, November 15 “Holiday Decorating with the Library Staff”
- Chair Yoga: No time to exercise? Join Linda Abernathy for a 15-minute stretch session! Easy, relaxing, fun and free!
Call (256-927-5838), email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit us to sign up.
2nd and 3rd Fridays each month 11:45 a.m.—12:00 p.m. October 12 & 19 …and beyond
- Story Book Pumpkin Decorating Contest: Get an entry form at the library and get creative! Decorate a pumpkin with your favorite story theme and bring it with the form to the library from October 22 — October 26. The winner will be announced on Monday, October 29, and all pumpkins must be picked up on Thursday, November 1. No carved pumpkins; decorate using paint, paper, glue, markers, fabric, or other craft items.
- Genealogy Class Tuesdays from 1–3 PM. Sign up requested.
- Preschool Storytime: Your child will develop early literacy skills and learn to love reading with our specially designed Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30. Stories, rhymes, & crafts!
- The Sew Joyful Quilters meet at the library on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
- A One of a Kind Quilt: Submit a sealed bid for a chance to own this beautiful quilt, handmade by our Sew Joyful Quilters! The Quilters have generously donated this fall-colored beauty to offer for bidding to our patrons. All proceeds go to your Cherokee County Public Library. Stop by the library’s Conference Room to see the quilt, and submit your bid on the form provided. The library will accept sealed bids starting at $50, until the close of bidding on October 29. We will announce the winner on November 2.
- Reading Around Book Club meets on the first Monday of the month.
Follow our Links to find helpful sites at www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke. Click the Links Tab to sign up for ebooks and audiobooks at RB Digital, get car repair information at Chilton Library, find study aids and career tools at Learning Express Library, and access the Alabama Virtual Library for dictionaries, encyclopedias, business and medical information, Get help with schoolwork on Homework Alabama. All free for you! Pay an online visit soon
Searching for your roots? Our genealogy room has tons of information on genealogy and local history. Also, use Ancestry.com Library Edition at no charge! We have many resources to aid in your search.