Cherokee County Public Library Press Release 11/5/2018
310 Mary Street, Centre, AL 35960 256-927-5838
New email address: email@example.com
Library Hours 8-5 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8-12 Wednesday Closed Saturday and Sunday
Library Holidays: Monday, November 12, Veterans Day; Thursday, November 22 and Friday, November 23, Thanksgiving. Fine Free week: 1st 7 Days of each month.
Visit http://www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke for library news. Find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
News and Special Events
1. TAB (Teen Advisory Board) meets on the first Monday of the month—that’s November 5 and December 3rd at 3:30 PM!
2. Green Bag Gardening Lunch Program Third Thursday of the month through November
Our last Green Bag Presentation for the 2018 season!
12:00 P.M. Thursday, November 15 “Holiday Decorating with the Library Staff”
Green Bag resumes in January! Watch for next year’s schedule at the library, on our Facebook page and on our online catalog at http://www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke.
3. Chair Yoga: No time to exercise? Join Linda Abernathy for a 15-minute stretch session! Easy, relaxing, fun and free! Call (256-927-5838), email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit us to sign up.
2nd and 3rd Fridays each month 11:45 a.m.—12:00 p.m. November 9 & 16…and beyond
4. Kids and Kin, a statewide supportive program for anyone providing care for a relative’s children (Grandparents, aunts. uncles, and older siblings) meets at the library on November 6 & 20 and December 4 & 18. For more information, check the library Facebook page, stop by the library for a full program schedule or contact Larinda Garrett at 334-465-0099
5. Genealogy Class with Rebecca Homan Tuesdays from 1–3 PM. New class begins in January, date to be announced. Call or drop by to sign up! 256-927-5838.
6. Preschool Storytime: Your child will develop early literacy skills and learn to love reading with our specially designed Storytime. Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30. Stories, rhymes, & crafts!
7. The Sew Joyful Quilters meet at the library on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
8. Reading Around Book Club meets on the first Monday of the month.
Follow our Links to find helpful sites at http://www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke. Click the Links Tab to sign up for ebooks and audiobooks at RB Digital, get car repair information at Chilton Library, find study aids and career tools at Learning Express Library, find legal info on the Alison database, and access the Alabama Virtual Library for dictionaries, encyclopedias, business and medical information, Get help with schoolwork on Homework Alabama. All free for you! Pay an online visit soon!
Searching for your roots? Our genealogy room has tons of information on genealogy and local history. Use Ancestry.com Library Edition at no charge! We have many resources to help you search