Library Holidays: Presidents Day, February 18
Fine Free week: 1st 7 Days of each month.
Visit http://www.tinyurl.com/mkofyke for library news. Find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
News and Special Events
1. TAB (Teen Advisory Board) meets on the first Monday of the month—that’s February 4th at 3:30 PM!
2. TAME YOUR TECH! They’re back and have new friends! Our technology workshops are new and improved for 2019! (Sign up is only mandatory for Save and Organize Your Files, but it does help our instructor plan for materials for all of the workshops, so if possible, please let us know you are coming.)
Facebook Monday, January 28 9:00 AM–11:00 AM
Save and Organize Your Files Monday, March 25 1:00 PM—3:00 PM
Class size for this workshop is limited; sign up soon!
Online Privacy Tuesday, March 26 1:00 PM—3:00 PM
Computer Troubleshooting Thursday, March 28 1:00 PM—3:00 PM
3. Chair Yoga: Holiday Stress? Join Linda Abernathy for a 15-minute stretch session! No special clothing needed. Easy, relaxing, fun and free! Call (256-927-5838), email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit us for more info. 2nd and 3rd Fridays each month
11:45 a.m.—12:00 p.m., February 8 & 15…and beyond.
4. Green Bag Gardening Lunch Program Third Thursday of the month through November
Green Bag resumes on the third Thursday of the month from 12:00 PM—1:00 PM
February 21: Master Gardener’s Q & A. Find solutions to your gardening problems!
Tillie Morgan on Tomato Mistakes, Janice Knight on Seed Saving, and more…
March 21: Wonderful Wildflowers with Master Gardener Barbara East
Complete schedule available at the library, on our Facebook page or online cwww.tinyurl.com/mkofyke.
5. Kids and Kin, a statewide supportive program for anyone providing care for a relative’s children (Grandparents, aunts. uncles, and older siblings) meets at the library on January 29 at 10:30. For more information, check the library Facebook page, stop by the library for a full program schedule or contact Larinda Garrett at 334-465-0099.
6. Genealogy Class with Rebecca Homan Tuesdays from 1–3 PM. Tuesdays. Call or drop by to sign up! 256-927-5838.
7. Preschool Storytime: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30. It’s an early literacy boost for your children with stories, songs, rhymes, & crafts!
8. The Sew Joyful Quilters meet at the library on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
9. Reading Around Book Club meets on the first Monday of the month, 12:00 noon.