Library Holidays: Presidents Day, February 18 Fine Free week: 1st 7 Days of each month.
Visit http://www.tinyurl.com/mkofyke for library news. Find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
News and Special Events
1. TAB (Teen Advisory Board) meets the first Monday of the month—March 4th at 3:30 PM!
2. TAME YOUR TECH! Technology workshops are back and have new friends! (Sign up is only mandatory for Save and Organize Your Files, but prior registrations helps our instructor plan for materials.)
Save and Organize Your Files Monday, March 25 1:00 PM—3:00 PM
Class size for this workshop is limited; sign up soon!
Online Privacy Tuesday, March 26 1:00 PM—3:00 PM
Computer Troubleshooting Thursday, March 28 1:00 PM—3:00 PM
3. Green Bag Gardening Lunch Program Third Thursday of the month through November
12:00 PM—1:00 PM
February 21: Master Gardener’s Q & A. Find solutions to your gardening problems!
Tillie Morgan on Tomato Mistakes, Janice Knight on Seed Saving, and more…
March 21: Wonderful Wildflowers with Master Gardener Barbara East
April 18: Plant Exchange and Gardening Advice with Linda McDaniel and friends
Complete schedule available at the library, on our Facebook page or online @ http://www.tinyurl.com/mkofyke.
4. Lunchdate with Your State: First in our series of four lunchtime talks to celebrate the Alabama Bicentennial 12:00 PM – 1:00 P.M.
Friday, March 22: Alabama in Pictures with Wanda and Michael Green
5. Kids and Kin, a statewide supportive program for anyone providing care for a relative’s children (Grandparents, aunts. uncles, and older siblings), meets on February 5, 12, and 19, March 5 and March 19 at 10:30 AM. February 5: Putting Autism into Perspective
February 19: Understanding Dyslexia
February 26: Children’s Habits: Good or Bad?
Everyone welcome; contact Larinda Garrett at 334-465-0099 for more info.
6. Chair Yoga: Everyday stress? Join Linda Abernathy for a 15-minute stretch session!
2nd and 3rd Fridays each month. No special clothing needed. Easy, relaxing, fun and free!
11:45 a.m.—12:00 p.m., February 8 & 15…and beyond.
7. Genealogy Class with Rebecca Homan: Tuesdays from 1–3 PM. Call 256-927-5838 to register
8. Storytime: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30. An early literacy boost for preschoolers!
9. The Sew Joyful Quilters meet at the library on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
10. Reading Around Book Club meets on the first Monday of the month, 12:00 noon.
11. Drawing Class: Thursdays at 3:30 P.M.