Library Holidays: July 4th, Independence Day Fine Free week: 1st 7 Days of each month.
Visit http://www.tinyurl.com/mkofyke for library news. Find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
1. Summer Storytime continuea Tuesday, June 4th with special guest Sarrell Dental. Songs, crafts, and reading fun through June!
2. The Summer Reading Program “A Universe of Stories” continues, Fridays from 10:00—11:00. Attend special programs on Fridays and read books to earn prizes.
Friday, June 14: Aliens, Astronauts, and a Turtle in Space with Barry Mitchell
Friday, June 21: Dr. Bond and the Science Guys
Friday, June 28: A “paws-itively” stellar day with Sixth Day Creatures
3. Rebecca Homan, Margaret Steincamp and Sherry Nickles will be at the library on Wednesdays 9-11 A.M. to help anyone interested in becoming a member of DAR. (Daughters of the American Revolution.) They will do this each Wednesday in June. Come and visit!
4. Green Bag Gardening Lunch Program
Third Thursday of the month through November 12:00 PM—1:00 PM
June 20: Tool Care and Sharpening with the Cooperative Extension’s Eric Schavey
July 18: Saving Seeds with the Sand Mountain Seed Bank’s Charlotte Hagood.
August 15: Remarkable Roses with Dr. Tina Jennings.
5. TAB (Teen Advisory Board) meets the first Monday of the month: June 3rd at 3:30 PM!
6. AARP Smart Driver Course: Monday, July 8, 2019 9:00 AM –3:30 P.M.
$15.00 for AARP members, $20.00 for non-members. Audit the course for free. Call to sign up!
7. Code Club: Kids gain important tech skills and have fun as they learn to make websites, video games, apps, animations, and more! Self-paced learning on a first come, first served basis.
Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m. #librarycodeclub For information, call Dana or Rebecca at 256-927-5838.
8. Lunch Date with Your State: Third in our series of four Alabama Bicentennial lunchtime talks. Friday, August 16: Alabama Bemis Bags Pieced into Quilts with Sarah Wright
9. Kids and Kin, a statewide supportive program for anyone caring for a relative’s children. 10:30 AM—12:30 PM Everyone welcome; contact Larinda Garrett at 334-465-0099 for more info.
June 11 & 25: the Simply Awesome Summer Program; July 9 & 23: From the Mountains to the Sea, Alabama is the Place to Be, Part 1 &2; August 13 & 27: Plan Ahead, Be Prepared.
10. Chair Yoga: Everyday stress? Join Linda Abernathy for a 15-minute stretch session!
2nd and 3rd Fridays each month. 11:45 A.M.–12:00 P.M. No special clothing or skill level required. June 14th and 21st, August 9th and 16th…and so on.
11. The Sew Joyful Quilters meet at the library on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
12. Reading Around Book Club meets on the first Monday of the month, 11:00 A.M.
13. Scrapbook with Friends: Bring your kit and join in! June 17 and July 9, 12:00—3:00 P.M.
14. Genealogy Class begins Aug. 5th. Mondays 1:00—3:00. Call, email, or just drop by to sign up!