Library Holidays: Good Friday, April 19 Fine Free week: 1st 7 Days of each month.
Visit http://www.tinyurl.com/mkofyke for library news. Find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
1. TAB (Teen Advisory Board) meets the first Monday of the month—April 1st at 3:30 PM!
2. Green Bag Gardening Lunch Program Third Thursday of the month through November
12:00 PM—1:00 PM
March 21: Wonderful Wildflowers with Master Gardener Barbara East
April 18: Plant Exchange and Gardening Advice with Linda McDaniel and friends
May 16: What’s a Hypertufa? Making garden containers with Pam Hofer and Becky McMichen
3. Lunch Date with Your State: First in our series of four Alabama Bicentennial lunchtime talks. Friday, March 22: Alabama in Pictures with Wanda and Michael Green 12:00 – 1:00 P.M.
4. Code Club: We’ve started our very own code club here at the library! Kids can gain important tech skills and have fun as they learn to make websites, video games, apps, animations, and more! Instruction is self-paced. Space is allocated on a first-come, first served basis.
Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m. #librarycodeclub For information, call Dana or Rebecca at 256-927-5838.
5. TAME YOUR TECH! Technology workshops are back and have new friends! (Sign up is only mandatory for Save and Organize Your Files, but prior registration helps our instructor plan for materials.)
Save and Organize Your Files Monday, March 25 1:00 PM—3:00 PM
Class size for this workshop is limited; sign up soon!
Online Privacy Tuesday, March 26 1:00 PM—3:00 PM
Computer Troubleshooting Thursday, March 28 1:00 PM—3:00 PM
6. Kids and Kin, a statewide supportive program for anyone providing care for a relative’s children, meets at 10:30 AM. Everyone welcome; contact Larinda Garrett at 334-465-0099 for more info.
March 19: Math with Infants and Toddlers Also meets April 9 & 23, May 14 & 28, and for the Simply Awesome Summer Program June 11 & 25.
7. Chair Yoga: Everyday stress? Join Linda Abernathy for a 15-minute stretch session!
2nd and 3rd Fridays each month. 11:45 a.m.—12:00 p.m. April 12th and 19th …and so on
8. Genealogy Class with Rebecca Homan: Starts April 2, Tuesdays 1:00-3:00 PM. Call to register.
9. Storytime: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30. A fun early literacy boost for preschoolers!
10. The Sew Joyful Quilters meet at the library on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
11. Reading Around Book Club meets on the first Monday of the month, 11:00 A.M.
12. Drawing Class: Ages 10 and up, Thursdays at 3:30 P.M.
310 Mary Street, Centre, AL 35960
256-927-5838 Email: email@example.com
Library Hours 8-5 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8-12 Wednesday
Closed Saturday and Sunday