Library Press Release 3/6/2017
Visit our interactive card catalog at www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke to ask out about our services, search for a book, and keep up with library events. Or find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
News and Special Events
- Trace your family tree with the library’s Genealogy Classes, taught by Jessie Whittaker and Louise Wright. Six-week Monday sessions are held throughout the year. The next session begins on Monday, March 13. Advanced 9:00-10:00; Beginners 10:00-11:00; Trace Your Roots Online (for advanced users) 11:00-12:00 P.M. Please sign up at the library to help our teachers plan for the class. (Materials fee required)
- Green Bag Lunch Gardening Program on the third Thursday of the month!
Thursday, March 16: Herbalist Ed Coker on “Useful and Dangerous Plants around Your Home” 12:00-1:00
Bring a lunch; we’ve got the drinks and dessert!
Thursday, April 20:
“Propagate Your Plants” with Master Gardener and Cherokee Rose Garden Member Dr. John Holbrook.
- Something new to help you get going! Now you can get expert help with car repairs and estimates using the library’s link to ChiltonLibrary, a database provided by the trusted publisher of the Chilton car repair manuals. Visit the “Links” tab on our interactive catalog at tinyurl.com/mKofyke to find help for your ailing auto! (You can even access it on your Smartphone.)
The library also offers the Ancestry.com Library Edition database for your family history search.
- Technology for the New Year: New courses will be forming throughout the year for our technology series, funded by the Tillotson-Menlo Charitable Foundation. Full courses in Beginners Follow-up, Email, and Computer Refresher will be offered, as well as two-hour workshops on Computer Troubleshooting and Facebook. Call or visit the library to be added to our class lists. For more information call 256-927-5838 or email us at email@example.com.
- Preschool Storytime Programs
Storytime is the preschool place to be on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30 A.M. Our general guidelines are Tuesdays Ages 3-5; Thursdays Babies – younger 3-year-olds. All ages are welcome at all programs; we try to adjust for them! Songs, rhymes, crafts, coloring, and of course, stories!
- Drawing Class led by Kathy Pratt and Sandy Aycock
Thursdays from 3:30 P.M. to 4:30 P.M. Bring 2 #2 pencils and an 8 X 10 sketchbook. Call or visit for more information. Watercolor classes are led by Elaine Henry Dawson several times a year; call for information.
- The Sew Joyful Quilters meet regularly on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
- Reading Around Book Club meets the first Tuesday of the month from 2:00-3:00 P.M.
- Fine Free Week: The first 7 days of every month are fine-free for books returned in good condition!